East Kazakhstan region is a self-sufficient prospective region, which has a huge potential in the industrial and agricultural sectors!
The main branches of the economy:
- The dominant industry is non-ferrous metallurgy. East Kazakhstan is one of the main producers of lead, zinc, copper in concentrates, refined gold and silver, and the only one - titanium, magnesium, tantalum, fuel for nuclear power plants
- The basis of the mining industry is mining of polymetallic ore containing copper, lead, zinc, gold, silver
- 283 mineral deposits are explored in the region. 233 available for investors
- The region produces oilfield, mining and metallurgical equipment, cars and trucks, buses, wheeled tractors, capacitors and other electrical products, pumps of various modifications, cable products
- The production of building materials is developed - cement, ceramic, silicate and slag bricks, asbestos-cement products, slate, ready-mixed concrete, prefabricated building structures made of concrete, ceramic products, stone products
- Produces 20% of the total oilseeds in Kazakhstan
- Sown area for 10 years increased by 23.5%
- The diversified nature of animal husbandry: dairy and beef cattle breeding, fine-wool and coarse-haired sheep breeding, pig breeding, horse breeding, poultry farming, maral breeding and reindeer breeding, beekeeping, camel breeding
Leading positions in the republic for the production of milk, oilseeds of sunflower, honey and antlers (1st place), for the production of meat and potatoes - 3rd place.
- Zones for the development of beach, hunting, rural, ski, ecological, sacral tourism
- The possibility of the development of medical tourism - there are 18 panto-treatment facilities
- For the development of sacred tourism, 23 routes have been developed for sacred places in the region.
There are more than 600 monuments of history and archeology in the region.